Presentations, Interviews and Documentaries
Presentation on Breathwork for Stress Management
A Discussion about Culture and Belief Systems
Some Insight on Marriage for Eastern Immigrants Part 1
Some Insight on Marriage for Eastern Immigrants Part 2
Featured in Documentary Visiting, Season 1 Episode 1: “Inferno”
Featured in Documentary Visiting, Season 1 Episode 2: “War”
Podcast and Radio Interviews
“Episode 82: Online Virtual Therapy: A Conversation with Marriage & Family Therapist, Aida Vazin”
July 2nd, 2018
A marriage and family counselor in Newport Beach, CA, Aida Vazin has an incredible story. She was born in Iran, fled from war with her family to Sweden, then ended up in the U.S. In this episode, we talk about physical memory, mythology, religion, holistic psychology, and many other topics.
Health Professional Radio
“Acculturation Issues for 1st Generation Immigrants”
September 15th, 2017
Dr. Aida is here to discuss 1st generation immigrants that are struggling to adapt to the lifestyle and social environment of the United States while trying to balance the expectations and obligations imposed by their family of origin.
Follow Your Path
“EP 38: The Mental Health Episode with Dr. Aida Vazin”
July 2nd, 2018
Dr. Aida shares with us her insights from her experience in those realms when it comes to diagnosis and treatment. Aida brings light to some of the red flags in the therapy world but also the evolution happening within it.
“The Dangers of Self-Diagnosis”
November 27th, 2017
When it comes to mental health, people either fall in one of two categories. One: self-diagnosis and two ignoring the problem. Licensed marriage and family therapist, Dr. Aida explains how these things can be dangerous to your mental health and over all well-being.
Featured Web Articles
- Expert Q & A on counseling schools
- Do mental health apps hurt or help?
- Can electronic music make you ill?
- 7 health benefits of reading
- Changing religions
- Understanding social anxiety disorder
- Friend requests to ignore
- How to recognize a difficult person
- What makes me smart?
- When to give someone a second chance
- Gaggle Launches Teletherapy Service
- Beatport ReConnect and When The Music Stops Announce #YouAreNotAlone
- Beatport to stage 24 hour virtual event putting the spotlight on mental health
- Commenting on social media
- Negative impacts of victim mentality
- Why I haven’t mastered my impatience yet
- 8 ways couples stop fighting about money
- Mental Health and Dance Music
- 10 things to talk about before getting married
- How a pack rat and minimalist live in harmony
- How to say no to stress during holiday season
- Why we enjoy the sensation of vibration
- The psychology of why we like scary movies
- How to make the best of my spare time
- How to stop eating everything in front of you
- Parenting toddles and teens at the same time
- Tips for parenting kids with large age gaps
- Why I shouldn’t teach my kid to say sorry
- Raising confident decision makers
- Different types of love
- Love in friendships
- Un motivomas para no enfadarte tanto
- Anniversary traditions of happy couples
- Ranting on Social Media: Innocent Comment Platform or Bully Pulpit?: Center for Digital Ethics & Policy: Loyola University Chicago
- When the music stops, silentmode and beatport bring you a 24 hour+ virtual music festival, “beatport reconnect x when the music stops: #youarenotalone”